Rice Kheer is a popular sweet dessert
Rice Kheer is a popular Indian sweet dessert made with basmati rice, whole milk, nuts, and saffron. basmati rice is a long-grain wheat variety that has a nuttiness and flavor. The dish is best enjoyed as is, with just a little added milk for richness and flavor. Kheer can be enjoyed as an easy pre-dessert or as the perfect after-meal snack.
Rice Kheer: The explosively popular Pakistani sweet dessert
Kheer, the explosively popular Pakistani sweet dessert made with basmati rice, whole milk, nuts, and saffron is enjoyed by many in the region. Kheer is often served as a snack or a dessert after dinner. The dish is believed to have originated in the Punjab region of South Asia. It has been gaining in popularity due to its simple ingredients and its unique flavor.
- -1 cup basmati rice
- -1 cup whole milk
- -2 tablespoons butter
- -1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- -1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- -1/4 teaspoon salt
- -3/4 cup nuts, cashews or pine nuts, chopped
- -3 tablespoons saffron threads (finely ground)
- -2 tablespoons sugar
- -1 tablespoon honey
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. Once done, drain any excess liquid and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the nuts, cashews, or pine nuts and cook for about 5 minutes until they are lightly toasted.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of the cooked rice, 1 cup of the milk, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 3/4 cup of the chopped nuts, cashews or pine nuts, and saffron threads (finely ground).
In conclusion, Kheer is a popular Pakistani sweet dessert made with basmati rice, whole milk, nuts, and saffron. It can be enjoyed either at home or in a restaurant. It is a popular dessert in Pakistan and in Sub-Continent and can be found in most grocery stores and restaurants.