Beef Pulao is a traditional Indian dish prepared using tender pieces of beef cooked in a rich sauce flavored with spices and herbs.
1. Take half a kg of beef & wash it well
2. Cut beef into small pieces
3. Add ginger garlic paste, green chili ( slit ), onion, coriander powder, turmeric, and saffron into the pot.
4. Mix everything well.
5. Cook over low fire till meat is golden brown and soft.
6. Remove from flame. For a better taste of beef pulao.
7. Cool and grind it into a fine powder and store it for future use.
8. Use 1/3 cup beef powder instead of normal beef powder.
9. If u have dry beef then add water while grinding it.
10. Grind again if necessary.
11. Store in an airtight container.
12. You can use fresh ground beef if u want.
13. Preferably cook once a week.
14. Keep away from direct sunlight.
Beef pulao Facts:
Pulao is the Indian name for rice dishes. “Biryani” literally means “rice fried” in Urdu. It generally refers to beef cooked with spices (cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and black pepper) in North India. Pulaos originated in Mughal cuisine. According to historians, beef pulao was first introduced to the world in the 17th century.
The exact origin of beef-based pulao is not known. Many believe that the Mughals were the inventors of beef pulao, who first served it at their royal dinner parties. However, no written record confirms this fact. Some historians say the dish may have been invented as early as the 16th century.
There are many variations of beef pulao across the globe, from Mexican meatballs to Singaporean laksa to Indonesian satay. There are several types of pulao recipes. Some versions use chicken or lamb instead of beef or add different herbs or vegetables to make the dish more flavorful.
4. Health Benefits
Some studies have shown that consuming pulao regularly could reduce cholesterol levels in the blood and improve heart health. Regular consumption of pulao could keep our bones strong and prevent osteoporosis.
5. Nutrition Facts
A single serving of pulao contains about 6 grams of protein, 0.7 grams of fat, 1.8 grams of fiber, and less than 100 calories.
There are no reviews yet.